Paris. Hot off the press. Louis Vuitton will open an exhibition “Volez, Voguez, Voyagez – Louis Vuitton” from December 4, 2015 until February 21, 2016 at the Grand Palais in Paris.
©Archives Louis Vuitton Malletier
Curated by Olivier Saillard, with scenography by Artistic Director and Set Designer, Robert Carsen, the exhibition will look back at the great journey of Louis Vuitton from 1854 to present. It will depict nine chapters – showcasing the Maison’s rich history.
I. THE TRUNK OF 1906, an innovative design
II. WOOD, a gateway to freedom. The roots of the Louis Vuitton house
III. THE CLASSIC TRUNKS, a catalogue of refined canvases, shapes and locks
IV. THE INVENTION OF TRAVEL :
– The rise of yachts, a taste for cruises.
– The inauguration of the Steamer bag
– The motor cars, speed at one’s fingertips
– The train, outbound travel
V. THE ABSENT HOUR, fine writing in line with Louis Vuitton
VI. THE PORTAIN TRUNK, a conversation with art
VII. ECCENTRIC/CURIOUS TRUNKS. Gaston-Louis Vuitton’s antique personal collection
VIII. FASHION AND BEAUTY
– Beauty essentials, fine fragrances, delicate jewellery boxes
– Celebrity luggage. Superstar trunks
– Elegant dandies, the men of today. Examples of masculine luggage
– Fashion and design, a mirrored present day
IX. THE MUSIC ROOM. Special orders, dreams are made of these
The public exhibition will provide visitors a vision of Louis Vuitton’s heritage and its contribution to lifestyle, travel and fashion.